Off Body (Purse/Bag) Conceal Carry Course
- There are techniques on how to hold and carry a conceal carry purse or bag that we will be discussing.
- The concept of off-body concealed carry offers a flexible option for women, and men, when they cannot conceal carry using traditional holsters.
- Carrying off-body in a purse, backpack, briefcase, etc. brings additional responsibility for concealed carry permit holders, which makes this course a necessity if you plan to carry off-body.
- At the end of this course , participants will understand the risks, safety factors and skills related to off-body carry.
- We will review how to "fit" your pistol in your purse for a consistent draw. The class is a combination of “dry practice” exercises where you will learn to draw off-body, re-load while moving, defensive shooting fundamentals and shot placement.
You will also learn basic situational awareness to avoid and de-escalate a threat, as well as engage when it is/is not appropriate to draw and use your firearm.
Instructor: Donna Anthony
Donna Anthony is currently the Police Chief with a department in Alaska. She’s also the owner of Point Blank Firearms & Self Defense Training, LLC. With over 20 years of law enforcement and security experience, a duly sworn Police Officer in Alaska, prior to which she was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio. During her time as an officer, she was a School Resource Officer (SRO), Field Training Officer (FTO) and an investigator assigned to the Alaska State Trooper Statewide Drug Task Force Unit in an undercover capacity. She served as a case officer in several State and Federal cases. She has also worked throughout Alaska with many law enforcement agencies including the U.S. Marshals, DEA, ATF, and FBI.
Donna has extensive training in SWAT, Rapid Response to an Active Shooter, Tactical Vehicle Assault, Tactical Firearms, Hostage Negation, Tactical Raid Planning, Undercover Techniques, Tactical Narcotics Techniques, Anti-Terrorism Training, Law Enforcement Prevention & Deterrence of Terrorist Acts, Tactical Operations Planning, FEMA Intermediate for Expanding Incidents, FEMA Advance Incident Command & General Staff-Complex Incidents.
Donna has consistently received numerous commendations for her outstanding service, as well as a lifesaving award for valor.